Sunday, 6 November 2011

49 days..

49 days until Christmas! So the countdown is a little early, but with a busy December coming up I thought I'd start now. I made this up as I went along and will do it better next time but you get the jist!


Here's how I made it:
1) Bend a metal rod using pliers into a Christmas shape (Star, Tree, Sleigh etc). 
2) Secure into place by twisting the remaining rod together and forming a loop to hang from.
3) Dip lengths of string/twine/thread into PVA, and pinch off any excess glue.
4)Wrap the lengths around the wire, tucking the ends underneath other string to stop dangly bits.
5) Sprinkle glitter over the damp string covered star, and hang up to dry. (shake off the excess!)


I think next time I'll spray the entire star with gold paint before I glitter, and spend more time and care shaping it to begin with. This one isn't great, but it'll still get a place on the tree!


1 comment:

Thankyou for commenting!