Monday, 28 November 2011

Halfway Advent Calendar

Long time no blog! Today I've been working on an advent calendar, but i wont post the finished thing until December 1st when advent actually starts and it's filled with chocolates :)

A pretty simple method, cut out Christmas shapes from felt, sew most of it up, stuff it and then sew the rest! I've gone with mostly trees, some stars, Santa hats, presents and an angel for the 25th.


I experimented with the idea of cutting a patch out of some baubles and filling them with the advent chocolate, but I couldn't do it neatly enough so I gave up.


I particularly like the presents, made with purple felt and ribbon (I stitched the ribbon on to make sure it stays put!)


I used glitter glue with some extra glitter on top for the numbers, and will string them all up randomly, with some bows in between. I've sewed small pockets on the back of each one to pop the advent sweets into, and the best thing is that I can use it again next year!


P.S. look at these adorable embroidery scissors I swagged for only £3!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting!