Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Fat Butterfly Piñata

First of all, please excuse the mess in the photos. 

Okay, so it's my birthday on Sunday 18th December, and I'm almost ready for my party. This piñata was supposed to be a butterfly, but its sort of turned out as a butterfly/bee/fly combo. I think it's pretty anyway. Here's how I made it:


1)Blow up a sausage shaped balloon, tie string to the end.
2)Papier Mache around the balloon and hang up to dry.
3)Papier Mache some more (you don't want it to be too easy to get the sweets out!)
4) Cut a hole in the top, fill with sweets, lollies, confetti etc..
5)Cover the top and bottom with tissue paper.
6)Fringe strips of crepe paper and glue around the body.
7)Shape wings from wire, twisting the ends to hold the shape and pierce into the body.
8)Use strips of crepe paper and glue to cover the wings.
9) Hang up and WACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting!