Friday, 30 March 2012

(Wo)man Flu!

Last night I came down with a mother of a migraine, and today I woke up with a full blown cold, so i'm feeling sorry for myself and craving a big spoon and back strokes. However, being a single lass I cant have that so instead I will be happy to settle for these items (or cheaper versions)..

A big comfortable blanket to drape around my shoulders and trail around the house as a cape like i'm the Queen/ Dumbledore. It's basically a portable bed. This one is from John Lewis and costs £120.



In my work breaks today I've been making the long journey across the landing to my bedroom, flopping onto the bed and picking up my book. I'm unashamedly hooked on crime thrillers, the more gory the better and this is a particularly good one so far. £4.35 from Amazon.


Shockingly, i'm not actually a fan of hot drinks and you will never catch me making a cuppa. But having a cold makes it pretty obligatory to want to snuggle down under a duvet in front of the TV with a steaming mug of something, so I choose Whittard of Chelsea's Hot Chocolate (gift set £22).


An Avoca hot water bottle. They sell them in John Lewis for £35 and are super soft.



I've had Season 2 of The Big Bang Theory playing all day while I've been working, its definitely comforting to watch, especially as I've seen them before and don't need to pay close attention to know whats going on. Seasons 1-4 are available from Play for £32.99. (Although I think Amazon do it cheaper!).


Time for more lemsip and a snooze now! Zzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting!