Friday, 20 July 2012
Blueberry and Pecan Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 Muffins
100g Caster Sugar
300g Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
2 Large Eggs
1tsp Vanilla Extract
A Small Handful of Pecans
A Pinch of Ground Almonds
1. Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases and preheat the oven on a medium heat.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, and add the eggs one at a time and beat into the mixture.
3. Add the milk and vanilla extract.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture a little at a time to form a thick batter.
5. Pour in the blueberries and gently mix them in then spoon the mixture equally into the muffin cases.
6. Sprinkle a pinch of ground almonds over each case, chop the pecans roughly and sprinkle these too.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at gas mark 3 or 160 degrees.
8. When the muffins are cooked through and are lightly browned on top, take them out and leave them in the muffin tray until completely cool.
I'm not usually a fan of blueberry muffins but the sweet nuts in these balance out the tart flavour of the blueberries. Personally I always prefer cakes or muffins the day after they've been baked so the sponge has had a chance to settle, but give it a go and let me know how you get on! xx
Posted by SlowlyGo at 11:00